Current Role and Professional Background:
As Senior Financial Advisor, Paul’s responsibilities include working with clients directly, addressing their financial planning needs. He also oversees client relationships and assists other team members with the more complex financial advisory issues. Prior to joining Goodman Financial, Paul worked for Mobil Oil in the 80’s before moving to Houston to pursue his passion in the financial services industry with CIGNA Financial Services. In 1993, Paul started his own firm, Cypress Advisory Services, focused on providing comprehensive financial planning to families across the Houston area. His firm later expanded in 2006 and became The Advocates. Paul has almost 40 years of experience in financial planning with special expertise in risk management and estate planning.
- Bachelor of Science – Business Administration, Louisiana State University, 1980
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM Professional
Affiliations, Current and Past:
- Board Member, Camp For All, a nonprofit that operates a barrier free camp for those who have challenging illnesses or special needs
- Former Chairman and President, Financial Planning Association’s Houston Chapter
- Former Board Member and Treasurer, Shield Bearer, a nonprofit counseling center in northwest Houston
- Former Vestry Board Member and Finance Committee Member, St. Timothy’s Anglican Church in Spring, Texas.