For CPAs –
Earn CPE hours with Goodman Financial
In coordination with TXCPA Houston
Training Room Schedule
Reserve Your Spot Today
Limited Attendance, Complimentary CPE
- Market Update (1 hour)
- This presentation will provide insights into what the current financial market environment looks like and provide some color on what the future might hold.
- Tax & Investment Planning Ages 55-72 (1 hour)
- Transitioning from asset accumulation to retirement distribution presents many opportunities and potential pitfalls. This presentation will help you plan for and navigate for those years between your 55th and 72nd Some areas covered are pre-59.5 withdrawals, required minimum distributions (RMDs), health insurance, Medicare, social security, net unrealized appreciation (NUA), taxation at the 0% capital gain rate, Roth conversions, asset allocation, tax-efficient distribution strategies and more.
- Financial Planning & Investing 101 (2 hours)
- This course will provide a high level review of the different areas of financial planning, including budgeting, savings, investments, insurance considerations and estate planning. Extra time will be spent on the discussion of investment fundamentals, including asset allocation, diversification, rebalancing, active and passive investing, as well as surprising observations regarding target date funds. Tax efficient planning, from a CPA’s perspective, will be included in the session.
- Reality Based Investing (2 hours)
- This presentation will provide information on how new headlines, prognosticators, and even data can be misleading if not looked into thoroughly. Discussion will include investing strategies to protect your future.
- Financial Planning A to Z (8 hours)
- This full day presentation provides a deeper dive into the various areas of financial planning, including cash budgeting, risk management, tax planning, retirement planning, investment planning, and estate planning.
Breakfast & lunch provided